Share Your 2cents! A platform for sharing and viewing random public opinions.

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Beware of Scams by Anonymous

I would like to advise people that are currently job hunting to be aware of agencies they work for especially MJM Recruitment. I am currently job hunting an like a fool I was, got a text message from the so called CEO of MJM recruitment agency, named Mario Matthews. He told me it was a temp post for a period of 3 days, with a salary of R187 a day. I had left my kids with a baby sitter an also borrowed money to get there. I worked for the entire day 9 hours no breaks. But! I then phoned Mario in regards to my contract an he said they were currently off line an will send it asap. No contract came. I got in the taxi the next day went to town an then got a message from Mario saying, that the person I was temping for was back. My point is! if u own a recruitment agency! you need to give your employees correct details. I was furious because it's not cheap taking two taxis. I then texted Mario in regards to my wages an he requested for my banking details. I was so happy just to get paid because of my commitments at home. I forwarded this with no hesitation. He also promised me that I would receive payment the next day. He then put all my calls on reject an his number disappeared from my phone. Up to this very day, "I have not been paid" despite my attempts to get back what I worked for. I even called the place I worked at, and they said it's not they responsibility because they had paid MJM recruitment. The phone numbers provided on the Internet for the mentioned agency are all incorrect. Please ensure that when applying for a job! the recruitment agency is recognised, also make sure you read the contract before signing anything. My advise to you is! "If you hear the name MJM recruitment please say no." Don't be fooled an scamed like I was. Agencies like this just use you to work like a slave an don't pay you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

1 comment:

  1. The fact that this type of thing is so common just goes to the state of our country. It is called fraud and is a crime, but no-one is bothered. I teach legal secretarial and sometimes also recruit for attorneys. Many girls applying for secretarial positions through me have been to well known colleges, have paid a fortune, have certificates - and have no idea what they are doing. Scammers everywhere.

    ReplyDelete